Re: GNU HEALTH in Debian .- Was RE: Medetel - IWEEE - Contact info

Hi Luis,

On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 07:12:16PM -0300, Luis Falcon wrote:
> Hi Andreas
>
> No. I can't be more specific. I am the creator and project leader of
> GNU Health, so I can be very specific on Health, but not on the debian
> package. The Debian package was something that it was not started by
> me.

Yes, that is clear to me but please make sure the person who just did
the actual Debian packaging work will get in contact with us (and I
strongly suggest subscribing the mailing list).

> As for other distros, that already have the GNU Health package, we
> will try to provide a release-specific package for each GNU Health
> version.

To say it again.  I'm not sure that any other distro has a GNU Health
package but rather you are providing packages which can be installed on
top of a distro.  What we are targeting in Debian are GNU Health
packages *inside* Debian (so the actual wording "Debian has GNU Health"
would really apply).  And for sure we would like to provide every
version of GNU Health.

> If the Debian community is willing to collaborate, it will be much
> appreciated, and we welcome anyone that volunteers and commits herself
> / himself to be the Debian reference for GNU Health, looing after the
> correctness of the package, as well as keeping it uptodate.

You can take it for granted that we are not only willing but strongly
interested.  Please make sure that the GNU Health team member that feels
responsible for the Debian packaging / might have started working on
packages will contact us.