Re: [carlos.borroto@gmail.com: [SCM] tophat branch, oneiric-ppa, updated. oneiric-ppa/1.4.0-1_oneiric3-3-g3edf06d]

Le Tue, Feb 07, 2012 at 10:14:20AM -0500, Carlos Borroto a écrit :

> I see your point but I think Depends is more appropriate. If someone
> wants to use their own bowtie, I think they could still accomplish
> that playing with $PATH. I also checked on the TopHat package from Tim
> Booth at NEBC's PPA[1] and they are using Depends. I guess it would be
> nice to keep the packages in sync for a future merge.
>
> BTW, the NEBC team is doing a very nice work packaging most of the
> Tools a local install of Galaxy[2] would need. This is exactly what
> got me interested in Debian packaging.
>
>  [1]https://launchpad.net/~nebc/+archive/galaxy
> [2]htt[://galaxyproject.org

Hi Carlos,

it would be very exiting to see Galaxy packaged in Debian.

Please go ahead with Depends: bowtie.

I see that you also added Recommends: cufflinks.  This is not possible as
cufflinks is very unfortunately non-free.  Also, if nothing in the tophat
package calls programs from the cufflinks package, the relationship would
rather be that tophat Enhances: cufflinks and cufflinks Depends: tophat.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
Tsurumi, Kanagawa, Japan