Re: [carlos.borroto@gmail.com: [SCM] tophat branch, oneiric-ppa, updated. oneiric-ppa/1.4.0-1_oneiric3-3-g3edf06d]

Le Mon, Feb 06, 2012 at 09:09:44AM -0500, Carlos Borroto a écrit :

> I just notice that we are only recommending bowtie, but bowtie is
> actually needed by tophat. All the actual mapping is done by bowtie. I
> think we should have bowtie as a dependency of the binary package. I
> have the commits ready for this, should I commit them and add an
> UNRELEASED section to the changelog so we are ready for the next
> upload?

Hi Carlos,

in general, do not hesitate to add an UNRELEASED section to the changelog and
then commit changes to the repository.

About the relation between tophat and bowtie, I indeed hesitated between
Depends and Recommends, and chose Recommends as 1) it is installed by default
anyway and 2) it would allow to install tophat independantly, which might
be useful to some who want to use their own bowtie, or who want to use some
of the helper tools in the tophat package.

But if you think that Depends is better, go for it !

Cheers,

--
Charles