Re: Cufflinks package fails to build on Launchpad PPA

On Thu, Jan 05, 2012 at 03:09:35PM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> The problem with cufflinks, and probably tophat, was that the clean target is
> un-applying the patches, but the binary target, which is implicitely passed to
> dh, does not depend on a target that applies the patch.  For local builds, it
> just happens by chance that they are applied, because the source package is
> built before the binary packages.

I had a short look into tophat and I wonder why cou need to override the
clean targets at all.  This looks hackish and might be the cause of your
trouble.  Usually source format 3.0 (quilt) cares for all you need and
there is no need to manually call dh_quilt_(un)patch at all.  Did you
tried simply droping these statements?