Re: Cufflinks package fails to build on Launchpad PPA

Le Thu, Jan 05, 2012 at 10:07:52AM +0100, Andreas Tille a écrit :

> I had a short look into tophat and I wonder why cou need to override the
> clean targets at all.  This looks hackish and might be the cause of your
> trouble.  Usually source format 3.0 (quilt) cares for all you need and
> there is no need to manually call dh_quilt_(un)patch at all.  Did you
> tried simply droping these statements?

I think that it was carried over using cufflinks as a template.

  http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=debian-med/cufflinks.git;a=commitdiff;h=7b0dc54968184db8823abf9176d0cbb4fd08dddc
  http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=debian-med/tophat.git;a=commitdiff;h=45d35bf897f7e58698cbb5ea0f73767400ea2ab8

In any case, I agree that these overrides are not necessary.  What they
probably try to do is to circumvent the difficulties introduced by the 3.0
(quilt) format when working in Git repositories, which can be solved by either
pushing and pulling the patches by hand, or following Raphaël's recommendations
in his blog.

  http://raphaelhertzog.com/2010/11/18/4-tips-to-maintain-a-3-0-quilt-debian-source-package-in-a-vcs/

I prefer to just do it by hand, and more recently I started to commit directly
patches to the master branch and expose them in debian/patches for http://patch-tracker.debian.org/.

Cheers,

--
Charles Plessy