Re: Cufflinks package fails to build on Launchpad PPA

On 01/05/2012 10:07 AM, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 05, 2012 at 03:09:35PM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
>
>> The problem with cufflinks, and probably tophat, was that the clean target is
>> un-applying the patches, but the binary target, which is implicitely passed to
>> dh, does not depend on a target that applies the patch.  For local builds, it
>> just happens by chance that they are applied, because the source package is
>> built before the binary packages.
>>
> I had a short look into tophat and I wonder why cou need to override the
> clean targets at all.  This looks hackish and might be the cause of your
> trouble.  Usually source format 3.0 (quilt) cares for all you need and
> there is no need to manually call dh_quilt_(un)patch at all.  Did you
> tried simply droping these statements?
>
> Kind regards
>
>         Andreas.

Hi Andreas ,

It was left from time I was building packages without git-buildpackage :) .
With this overrides one can built and clean package multiple times and
dpkg-source wouldn't complain about changed source .
I've committed the clean debian/rules to the rep.

Best regards ,
Alex