Re: eigensoft (containing eigenstrat) just uploaded to new queue

On 12/15/2011 01:24 PM, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 11:47:23AM +0100, Steffen Möller wrote:
>> The license is the typical "non-commercial" one. I spoke with
>> Nick Patterson from upstream, a Debian user himself, who is happy
>> with us redistributing their work.
> Did he said that he will try to enhance the licensing issue?
Rather the contrary.
>> The upload went to experimental.
> Why?
Because of the missing man pages mentioned below. Also,
some gut feeling of mine wanted to wait for reactions from
the build deamons.

Also, I was not sure if some of the example scripts should
possibly move to /usr/bin in a more abstract form, i.e. the way
I use them locally.

>> There is quite some documentation to read through, but no man
>> pages. And I do not have the time to fix that. Some good soul
>> adding a "-h" option to the tools and perform a help2man would
>> be much appreciated. This could be something for an eventual
>> Code-in project, I think, anyway, IMHO the package should not
>> go to main without them.
> HINT, HINT, HINT for newcommers who wonder what contribution they
> could provide:  Use help2man to create some manpages.
We should have a page with such educative time sinks and
explicitly address the hidden talents on high schools with such.

Best,

Steffen