Re: [opensuse-medical] Calling for help for medical project. How do I create a live cd as I want it?

On Thursday, December 15, 2011 11:48:49 AM Stathis Iosifidis (aka diamond_gr)
wrote:
> As Andreas mentioned, it's not cross distro issue since all distros have
> different tools to create live media.

I have worked on this for years now and I can tell you this. Aside from all
tools and distributions, let alone operating systems there are some common
issues.

1.) bootstrap stage
2.) binary stage
3.) runtime stage

No matter what tool you use you have to care about

a) getting a working system which will give you a fully functional EMR
(uncluding running database to store data)

b) preserve any data the user puts in during runtime (after booting and
surving reboots)

a has been done both for OpenSUSE and Debian. b is a matter of setting it up.
There is absolutely no magic to it. Takes only like a week or so to fully
understand the different tools and read the documentation. Then you can redo it
whenever you like.

Sebastian