Re: cellprofiler

On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 14:21, Mathieu Malaterre
<mathieu.malaterre@gmail.com> wrote:
> I could go a little further now:
>
> [...]
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "/usr/bin/cellprofiler.py", line 7, in <module>
>    CellProfiler.main()
>  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/CellProfiler.py", line 220, in main
>    import cellprofiler.cpmath.setup
>  File "/usr/bin/cellprofiler.py", line 7, in <module>
>    CellProfiler.main()
>  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/CellProfiler.py", line 220, in main
>    import cellprofiler.cpmath.setup
> ImportError: No module named cpmath.setup

My guess here is that /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages is not in sys.path.

I don't see the Cython or cython-generated files in what you listed
(e.g., cpmath/_lapjv.{pyx, so} and others).  CellProfiler usually
builds these on startup if they are missing.  That can be prevented by
adding -b (or --do-not_build) to the arguments (in the wrapper
script).

I think we discussed this elsewhere.  You're running CellProfiler once
during the installation to build the cython dependencies, correct?
Our setup.py is currently only used for py2app, unfortunately.

Thouis