Re: cellprofiler

Hi,

> > after spending some time by packaging cellprofiler myself, I
> > discovered your (not finished) package. What do you think about
> > merging our approaches? I mainly got it working (in fact,
> > cellprofiler is starting, but I didn't made deeper tests of it).
>
> wow !!! very very impressive, how do you got around issue described
> in the ITP: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=647995#19

Not so impressive, I think...
I didn't notice the bug before...
And I MUST do a 'svn up' before doing something relevant changes! So I
didn't see your chellprofiler.pyinstall file,  I putted all cellprofiler
stuff into /usr/share/cellprofiler. BTW, I toke a newer version (11691).

> The battle was raging on debian-python, about how best to solve this
> issue. So I am very interested in how you manage to get it working. As
> a side note Thouis is acutally working on patching upstream to
> incorporate Zbigniew suggestions.
>
> > Should I put my staff in the svn, or should I send you my debian
> > directory?
>
> Could you upload it on mentors ? Or somewhere I can see your .dsc. If
> this is working maybe we can report that upstream.

http://jaguar.biologie.hu-berlin.de/~ivo/cellprofiler-2.0~svn11691/

Best,

Ivo