Re: new member introduction

Hi Steffen,

I think both Jalview and Bioperl are issues that need to be raised upstream.

I think the older bioperl dependency is down to a very small amount of code. I will raise this with the ensembl team. Obviously that will not make it until at least the next release ( v66 ). I can have a look again at the dependency, and if I'm right I could write a patch for us to use with this package release.

Regarding Jalview, I think its only used in one or maybe two places, so should be fairly easy to test. I can then feedback with the ensembl team on how that goes.

Thanks,

Nick