Re: Debian Med sprint II in Southport, UK - any objections to the last weekend in January?
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Debian Med sprint II in Southport, UK - any objections to the last weekend in January?
- From: Olivier Sallou <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 09:07:33 +0200
- Message-id: <4E437FB5.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <1312994003.3359.2425.camel@barsukas>
- References: <4D3B6A65.email@example.com> <4D3EBBA9.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20110125134227.GA14144@an3as.eu> <4D3ED7CB.email@example.com> <4D3EE346.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20110127211718.GB15241@chumley.debian.net> <4D41E9BD.email@example.com> <4D489568.firstname.lastname@example.org> <1312994003.3359.2425.camel@barsukas>
There are some trains from Manchester airport to Southport.
If location can be next a low-cost hub.... Manchester is ok for me, but
all depends on each one location.
I will come if I can find the budget... ;-)
Le 8/10/11 6:33 PM, Tim Booth a écrit :
> Hi All,
> Following the very successful Debian Med Bioinformatics Sprint last year
> in Luebeck, we propose a second one to be held in the UK early next
> year. As I didn't duck fast enough I'm currently the main organiser.
> The likely location is Southport (exact venue TBC) on the north west
> coast of England. Transport links are generally good with flights to
> nearby Manchester and Liverpool.
> As before, there will be an emphasis on sleeves-rolled-up packaging work
> and mentoring. We will also aim to tackle other specific topics based
> on the interests of the attendees. Please see the new Wiki page
> [http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMed/Meeting/Southport2012] and add your
> priorities to the list.
> For now I just want to set a date, so I'll propose the last weekend in
> January - the 27th,28th,29th - as per last time. Please let me know if:
> a) You want to come but can't make that date
> b) You want to come but can't do a weekend
> Once I have the date fixed I'll advertise more widely and ask all
> prospective attendees to add themselves to the Wiki page in order to
> keep track of numbers, and I'll start looking for a venue.
> I can't say right now if there will be any travel sponsorship for
> volunteers, but hopefully that will be possible.
IRISA / University of Rennes 1
Campus de Beaulieu, 35000 RENNES - FRANCE
gpg key id: 4096R/326D8438 (pgp.mit.edu)
Key fingerprint = 5FB4 6F83 D3B9 5204 6335 D26D 78DC 68DB 326D 8438