Re: Blog about Debian Med BOF

Hi Tony,

On Wed, Aug 03, 2011 at 01:49:36PM +0100, Tony Travis wrote:
> I learned a lot at the sprint, and I now realise that there is a lot of
> interest in creating bioinformatics packages for Debian Med. However, my
> point remains that it isn't obvious to people who don't already know
> that Debian Med is not just about the 'Medical' use of Debian...

I perfectly got your point - however the proposed solution does not
solve the problem in general but turns it just in a different direction.

> I'll shut up now ;-)

I did not intended to make you silent.  I have also an open issue which
- provided it would be agreement upon it - would simply make your point
void.  As I explained when beeing in Travemünde[1] we have some problem
with filling up the Bio task with a lot of packages which might deserve
a better categorisation.  Suggestion Nr. 3 of [1] was about splitting
the Biomed part of from Debian Med and create a separate Blend which
enables better categorisation and when doing so you are free to find a
better name for it.

I tried later[2] to come back to this issue but it was ignored (same
fate as your renaming request).

I'm a bit uncomfortable by splitting my own baby but I would not leave
alone one of its potential parts.  There is just some work to do which
I personally can not do myself because of a lack of expertise how to
properly categorise biological packages properly.

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-med/2011/01/msg00084.html
[2] http://lists.debian.org/debian-med/2011/04/msg00148.html