Re: Blog about Debian Med BOF

On 03/08/11 13:09, Olivier Sallou wrote:
furthermore, regarding biomed, there are some others such naming such as
Biomed central for publications....
People could thing there is a link.

Hi, Olivier and Andreas.

As I said in Travemuende, it is not obvious to me that "Med" includes bioinformatics or biocomputing in general.

At the risk of repeating myself, it was only because Tim Booth told me about the possiblility of Bio-Linux using packages from Debian Med that I even attended the sprint. Until then, I'd thought Debian Med was for Medical and Clinical use of Debian, not bioinformatics.

I learned a lot at the sprint, and I now realise that there is a lot of interest in creating bioinformatics packages for Debian Med. However, my point remains that it isn't obvious to people who don't already know that Debian Med is not just about the 'Medical' use of Debian...

I'll shut up now ;-)

Bye,

  Tony.