Re: Blog about Debian Med BOF

Hi Tony,

On Wed, Aug 03, 2011 at 12:18:23PM +0100, Tony Travis wrote:

> I said that "Debian Med" is quite misleading, and suggested changing it
> to "Debian Biomed", which more accurately reflects the target audience.

Renaming an existing project is a *big* and *time consuming* effort.
In any case I would avoid this (I've been there).

I'm also not convinced that Biomed is as well as missleading if you are
coming from the medical imaging or medical practice side.  We are not
only doing biology stuff inside the project.

> However, there seemed to be little support for this idea...

IMHO this is for the two reasons mentioned above.