Re: Missing dependency in Cufflinks package

Le Wed, Jun 08, 2011 at 12:38:25PM -0400, Carlos Javier Borroto a écrit :

> I'm trying to backport Cufflinks to Ubuntu Lucid 10.04. I see there is
> a work in progress for a Debian package here:
> http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=debian-med/cufflinks.git

Dear Carlos,

thank you very much for your report.  I added you to the Debian Med team on
Launchpad.  Do not hesitate to upload backports here.  For some packages
(currently, the ones I maintain with Git), we also track these uploads as
branches and tags in the version control system on the Debian side.

I added a small recommendation to our team policy about version numbers:

  Please keep in mind issues like the possibility to upgrade to the next
  Ubuntu stable release. Packages that are backports can be made inferior in
  version by using a tilde. If the package contains additional development, a
  version number without the tilde will make it higher, but not as high as the
  next Debian revision. For example: 2.12.0-1~natty1 (backport in PPA) < 2.12.0-1
  (from Debian in Ubuntu) < 2.12.0-1natty1 (in PPA, containing additions) <
  2.12.0-2 (from Debian in Ubuntu).

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy