Re: Fwd: Ginkgo CADx 2.4.0.0 released

Am Donnerstag, 28. April 2011, 11:35:46 schrieb Andreas Tille:

> > Please do keep on working with upstream on getting this
> > straightened out as this is a killer application for
> > healthcare.
>
> I'd like to stress this.  As long those patches for wx* are needed for
> Ginkgo-CAD we probably have bad luck with packaging.  So please help
> sorting this out first.

This is what I thought. I believe they are working on making those patches
obsolete but there may be cases where it is impossible (yeah I know)  to make
them obsolete.

Upstream is currently working on a refactoring of the code and making it
possible to compile with dynamic libs.

This process has been started and form what I have read it should be possible
already.

So I would kindly ask to bring forward the packaging effort to a state where a
compiled version is packaged even if it might not run properly (yet).

The minute they have ironed out the patches issue we have working packages.

This would be valuable feedback for upstream. Since they are working with
patched libs it would make sense to report errors or problems which happen
with standard libs. Those issues could then be tackled more easily.

I do however agree that since ressources are limited those could be spent
elsewhere.

Kind regards,

Sebastian