Re: Fwd: Ginkgo CADx 2.4.0.0 released

On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 10:47:28AM +0200, Hilbert, Sebastian wrote:

> Debian has vtk 5.6 in wheezy (Debian testing) so maybe this can be ignored.

> DCMTK 3.6 is in unstable (Debian SID) so maybe it should be working against
> this version.

Any compiling of new packages should be against Unstable
because that's where they will go first.

In fact, an argument could be made that any compiling of
*entirely* new packages (like Ginkgo CADx) should be against
experimental because that's where entirely new packages
might go first as well.

> Good to know. The sources still contain patches for wxwidgets but maybe they
> are not necessary. I will ask the Dinkgo developers again.

> I contacted the wxwidgets developers and it seems the 2.8.x series will likely
> not see this included. I was referred to the 2.9 series.
>
> There seem to be no packages for the 2.9 series.

The *.odd wx* releases are considered development releases.
Debian so far does not provide those (it never had 2.7
packages either, for example). Whether that's good or bad is
another matter. It certainly reduces work for someone.

Please do keep on working with upstream on getting this
straightened out as this is a killer application for
healthcare.

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346