Re: AmpliconNoise ITP

Hi Tim,

thanks for committing AmpliconNoise.  I did some changes in r6691 which
is basically the team maintenance stuff and VCS fields.  I also have
some comments:

  - debian/patches/fix-clean-of-seqnoisem.patch
    -> I would do this simply by

	override_dh_clean:
		dh_clean
		rm -rf *.o SeqNoiseM/SeqNoiseM

    of you do not have a strong connection to upstream and make sure
    that upstream will fix the makefile quickly.  The advantage would
    be that other changes in the makefile will not break your patch
    in any case.

  - debian/patches/fix-path-for-data.patch
    Please enhance the (automatically created) description of the
    patch according to http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep3/

  - debian/*.ex:
    Please remove unused examples.

  - debian/ampliconnoise.doc-base.EX
    It is a good idea to fill in this boilerplate and have a real
    doc-base file (just ask for help if needed)

  - debian/changelog:
    The entry
     * Initial release (Closes: #nnnn)
    needs to be in the top changelog entry before you actually
    are doing a Debian upload.  It does not work if it is the
    first entry (=end of the file)

  - debian/copyright:
    It would be good style in our packaging team to follow
      http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep5/
    format suggestion.  In any case you should remove the comments
    in the end off the file.  If it is just there ftpmaster will
    assume you did not yet have followed the advise given there ...

  - debian/{watch,rules}
    Both files are saying in the comments that they are example
    files - but they are not.  Please remove or fix those useless
    comments.

On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 10:19:06PM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 03:54:23PM +0100, Tim Booth wrote:
> > Also, who edits the package info on the website?
>
> You mean the info given at
>
>    http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/tasks/bio#ampliconnoise
>
> ?  This is in SVN in tasks files[1].  I'd volunteer to do the change if
> you would send me a patch.  I usually watch the commits so I see if you
> inject something and add this info.

So did I and adapted the tasks file which will become visible after next
cron run.  I also added the citation information in a more structured
way.  We should consider doing this as well in the packaging using the
upstream-metadata.yaml file[1] rather than in the long description (as it
is done in several other packages in SVN).

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/UpstreamMetadata