Re: AmpliconNoise ITP

On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 03:54:23PM +0100, Tim Booth wrote:
> I'm cracking on with a package for AmpliconNoise, which I can't see any
> activity for though there is a placeholder on tasks/bio.  My
> understanding is that a Debian Developer should OK the package and file
> an ITP

Besides the fact that Steffen volunteered to do this: There is no need
that the ITPer is a Debian Developer.  Anybody can issue an ITP.  The
only point in time when you need a Debian Developer is the first upload
of the package.

> that nobody else starts on their own version.  Is that right?

In principle yes.  In those specific cases chances are low that some
random maintainer might pick a biological package.  Announcing your
intent here and ITP with a nearly finished package is fine as well.

> Also, who edits the package info on the website?

You mean the info given at

   http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/tasks/bio#ampliconnoise

?  This is in SVN in tasks files[1].  I'd volunteer to do the change if
you would send me a patch.  I usually watch the commits so I see if you
inject something and add this info.

> I will commit to SVN
> in short order, of course.
>
> Some blurb:
>  -------------------------
> AmpliconNoise is a package of applications to clean up high-throughput
> sequence data.  It consists of three main parts:
>
> Pyronoise - does flowgram-based clustering to spot misreads
> SeqNoise - removes PCR point mutations
> Perseus - removes PCR chimeras without the need for a set of reference
> sequences
>
> Previously there was a standalone "Pyronoise" by the same authors and
> this package includes an updated version.  There is also a "Denoiser"
> which is related but distincy.   Each part comprises several command
> line tools.  At this point there is probably no need to split the
> package.

So the text inbetween "------" should be replace the currently quite
short description?

Kind regards

     ANdreas.

[1] svn://svn.debian.org/svn/blends/projects/med/trunk/debian-med/tasks