Re: FreeDiams package names

Am Dienstag, 15. März 2011, 09:26:09 schrieb Andreas Tille:
> Hi Sebastian,
>
> I admit I do not understand your suggestion at all.  Could you please
> be more verbose in how far changing a name is helpful?  The current split
> of the package has only one single purpose:  Splitting the architecture
> dependant and (large) architecture indepandatn parts to not waste mirror
> space of Debian mirrors (as if it would be the case if everything would
> be in one package).  This is a very common way in Debian.  I do not see
> why we should complicate things with an extra metapackage.

There is hard reason and I am fine with leaving it as is. The reasoning was
that the project freadiams is logically split into data and client anyway by
providing a data package. So the suggestion was to rename the freediams
package to freediams-client.

From what I hear some sort of server might appear anyway through the means of
a webservice.

But for now I am fine with leaving this as is.

Sebastian