Re: All free packages of CRAN an BioConductor built for Debian and Ubuntu

On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 07:29:23PM +0100, Steffen Möller wrote:
> One is tempted to think so for some BioConductor packages for instance. But I
> would be sufficiently busy for now to work with the automated variant.

I ddn't say that it is your job.  Somebody else could just make a list.
Usually packaging R-packages is a 15min job so for filling some time you
wait for another package to build ...
Any volunteer to create a list of most wanted BioConductor packages?

> > Moreover we should probably generate reflect the BioConductor packages
> > in our bio task to some extend.  These packages should at least be
> > installable if you include the URL above in your sources.list via the
> > suggests of a metapackage.
>
> I was thinking about a bioconductor source package that comes with some binaries
> that depend on various related subgroups of the archive. Those packages could
> add the URL to /etc/apt/sources.d, learn the gpg key of the archive and then
> run apt-get update ... would be a bit strange, no?

I'm afraid I do not fully understand what you mean.