Re: Need help with SONAME and dcmtk package

* Michael Banck <mbanck@debian.org> [110129 10:19]:

> > For the libdcmtk2 package I don't think there's a conflicts
> > needed.
>
> It must be made sure that the libdcmtk1 and libdcmtk2 packages can be
> installed in parallel, i.e. no file conflicts exist.  This is usually
> the case if no files under e.g. /usr/share or /usr/bin are in the
> package.

In the current state I don't see any problems here as there are
only libraries in /usr/lib plus some documents in /usr/share/doc/libdcmtk1,
which may coexist painlessly with /usr/share/doc/libdcmtk2.

However, one must carefully think about it, if the dicom dictionary,
which currently lives in the dcmtk package, is going to be moved to
libdcmtk2. The latter would make some sense, because it may make it
easier for other packages to depend on libdcmtk only without
forcing them to install the DCMTK applikations as well.

Best regards - Juergen

--
GPG A997BA7A | 87FC DA31 5F00 C885 0DC3  E28F BD0D 4B33 A997 BA7A