Re: State of the embassy-* packages in Squeeze.

On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 08:14:11AM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> What I am asking in option 3 is to ship EMBOSS 6.3.1 in Squeeze. Would it be
> disruptive for your work with BioLib? I am a bit shocked to read that you
> consider that option 3 (distributing EMBOSS 6.3.1 in Squeeze) is ???heroic???. I
> use it and follow the upstream mailing list; there is no indication that it
> introduces regressions. The bugs I have reported as a user and as a packager in
> earlier versions are fixed in 6.3.1.

No, no! There is a misunderstanding. Please ship EMBOSS-latest.
BioLib uses the actual checkout of the CVS tree of EMBOSS, so I am
even further ahead.

As I understood the problem is that Embassy does not properly work
against 6.3.1 - and should therefore either be dropped, or shipped
with a working 6.2. Right?

I meant to say that supporting Embassy, if that is not coming from
the EMBOSS team itself, would be heroic. That is what I am asking on
the EMBOSS-list - whether they intend to keep Embassy up to date, or
not. BioLib does not use Embassy tools.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Pj.