Re: State of the embassy-* packages in Squeeze.

Le Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 11:21:21PM +0200, Pjotr Prins a écrit :
> I am going to ask on the EMBOSS mailing list.

Dear Pjotr,

What I am asking in option 3 is to ship EMBOSS 6.3.1 in Squeeze. Would it be
disruptive for your work with BioLib? I am a bit shocked to read that you
consider that option 3 (distributing EMBOSS 6.3.1 in Squeeze) is ‘heroic’. I
use it and follow the upstream mailing list; there is no indication that it
introduces regressions. The bugs I have reported as a user and as a packager in
earlier versions are fixed in 6.3.1.

If your concerns are about EMBOSS 6.3.1, then yes, do not hesitate to ask
Upstream which version they would recommend for Debian Stable. I am sure
that they will confirm their trust in their latest stable release.

The EMBASSY packages are definitely of a much narrower interest than EMBOSS.
This is why I give the priority to EMBOSS in what I asked to the release team:

 - If EMBOSS can be upgraded, let the EMBASSY packages be upgraded as well.
 - If EMBOSS can not be upgraded, remove the EMBASSY packages.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
Debian Med packaging team,