Re: State of the embassy-* packages in Squeeze.

I have an interest here, as I am mapping EMBOSS with BioLib - and
versioning plays a role.

Appears to me that supporting Embassy has less of an interest with the
core EMBOSS team. EMBOSS is changing - that is what counts. If anyone
cares to keep Embassy it would make sense to package it with an
earlier version. Only way to guarantee some stability. I would not try
option 3, unless you are heroic. Who is using Embassy now?

I have seen complaints about the size of the repository, but would it
not make sense to create Embassy-with-EMBOSS-6.2? And an updated
EMBOSS-6.3? Or is this against policy?

With nixos this would not be a problem. Nix transparently supports
different versions of dependencies.

Pj.