Re: Removal of data on purge (Was: OpenMRS package is ready, I believe)

On Wed, Oct 06, 2010 at 08:05:31AM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:

> Yes, there is.  At installation time you can ask in the configure script
> whether the databases should be deleted on a purge.

While, in principle, a good idea -- at install time I don't
have a clue as to whether I am going to want to purge the
data when I purge the package three years later.

I do really think what's needed for this is a question in
postrm.

> If you set this as default and make the question low priority users who
> are not have set debconf to expert mode will not even see the question
> and will go with the default behaviour which is leaving the data
> untouched (except they tweak the config file manually afterwards at
> their own risk).

That makes good sense and is probably a good compromise
given the situation.

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346