Re: FreeDiams 0.5.0 Beta released (Mac, Win)

On Wed, Oct 06, 2010 at 01:07:25AM +0200, Eric MAEKER wrote:
> Hi Andreas,
>
> For FreeDiams 0.5.0beta-1, I can provide a source package (one file tar gzipped) containing :
> - freediams_sources_0.5.0beta.tgz (the cleaned sources)
> - freediams*.dsc
> - freediams*.build
> - freediams*.changes
>
> Theses files were created with the Debian files from the Debian-Med svn and my sources using debuild and pbuilder.
>
> What is the best for you and your automation scripts ? All these files into one tgz, just the sources.tgz or something else ?

Just commit your changes to the Debian Med repository and tell me if you
are happy with the status.  I will have a look at it then.  Currently
your download site is lacking the tarball - so

   uscan --verbose --force-download

fails to download the latest version.  To answer your question from the
other mail:

> In debian/changelog it seems that the '0.5.0beta-1' version numbering is incorrect...
> What should be the right numbering ?

I wonder in how far you detected that it is "incorrect", but for proper
sequence of the versions it is advised to use

   0.5.0~beta-1

BTW, the debian/watch file has to be adapted to also accept non-numbers.
I commited both changes to SVN.

> One major missing step in the debian/rules before the compilation (make) is the creation of the translations dictonnaries. Command is:
>
> 	lrelease global_resources/translations/*.ts

Is this a question how to approach this or just an information that you
intend to do it?