Re: Correction to web site information: OpenMRS has debian packages available for download

Thank you all so much for your wonderful comments.

I have made an initial attempt at a "proper" debian folder:
http://old.nabble.com/file/p29771184/debian.zip debian.zip
Still very early stages, although it does compile for OpenMRS 1.6.1:
http://svn.openmrs.org/openmrs/tags/1.6.1/

I had a few questions.

1. lenny or squeeze?
http://www.debian.org/doc/maint-guide/
is written based on squeeze.

http://wiki.debian.org/Java/Packaging
is very helpful but the examples
http://pkg-java.alioth.debian.org/examples/
such as
http://pkg-java.alioth.debian.org/examples/program-ant/
require squeeze or at least backported
debhelper (>= 7.0.50~), javahelper (>=0.25)
(where would I get these for lenny?)

I tried to package on lenny, but did not have latest versions. I tried
nightly build of squeeze but it failed to install in VMWare (I checked 3x).
Now am downloading weekly build to try.

The debian folder I attached is based on simply using my Ubuntu system.

2. This I believe is _important_.

Thank you for the helpful example of an svn package:
http://svn.debian.org/viewsvn/pkg-eucalyptus/netty/trunk/debian/
unfortunately, the reference SVN server in the watch file
http://svn.debian.org/viewsvn/pkg-eucalyptus/netty/trunk/debian/watch?revision=8&view=markup
which is
http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/netty/tags/
uses <a href tags. Our server
http://svn.openmrs.org/
uses <file href tags.

uscan does _not_ process these correctly:

Any ideas much appreciated.

Thank you

Yours
Misha