Re: jemboss and artemis

Hi Andreas,

Andreas Tille wrote:
> I had a look into Artemis[1] because this might be used in our
> institute.  The situation of this package is similar to the recently
> packaged alien_hunter:  It contains a lot of Jar files without source.

to have Artemis in Debian would be very nice, indeed. Please contact upstream
about what they think how to achieve the Debian packaging. I could imagine that
they are happy to reduce the complexity of their setup, too. And Sanger I have
somehow tagged as Debian-friendly.

To avoid letting your mates at your institute wait for too long, I suggest some
incremental approach. Start with some Debian packaging that is functional but
ugly and resolve issues over time by eliminating one jar shipped with Artemis
after another.

Many greetings

Steffen