Re: pdb2pqr maintained by DebiChem team but in Debian Med repository?

Am Sonntag, den 18.10.2009, 17:14 +0200 schrieb Steffen Moeller:
> I don't know about what the exact status of the copyright issue is. But I know
> Manuel to be at it.

Both of the above is true. There are currently license issues that have
to be sorted out. I'm in contact with upstream about that and I we're
working on it. Due to time constraints on both sides of the line, it's
not progressing as fast as we all like it to be. That's unfortunate but
we'd like to do it right.

About the group issue: We (Steffen and I) did the preliminary packaging
work in Debian Med, as we were both members of that group and I did not
know about Debichem back then. Michael invited me to put the package
under the Debichem umbrella. I think it is the right place for the
package, and agreed with Steffen to move it. I have not done that step
as there is still work going on. When it is ready, I'll do the move of
the repositories. I think it won't heared anyone if it stays in the
Debian Med SVN since this one is referenced in the bug report currently.

I think the package is almost ready, though I fear that it might get
rejected again in the current state. I also have to test it with Python
2.6 to not interfere with the ongoing transition. Once I'm sure it will
not put burdon on others, I will upload and get ftp-master's feedback.
If it won't work out, we will have to wait for a new upstream version.
But I'm quite confident it will be OK.

Best regards
Manuel