Re: jemboss and artemis

Le Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 01:58:15PM +0200, Andreas Tille a écrit :

> Jar-jungle

Hi Andreas,

I had a look at Artemis. First (and unrelated to jEmboss), I found a copy of
Picard, which in my opinion would desserve an ITP anyway:

http://picard.sourceforge.net

I am not sure if I am competent to package java programs yet, but I definitely
will try to help you if you start the package.

Then I looked at jemAlign. Indeed it contains EMBOSS files. resources.jar
contains BLOSUM martices. You can depend on emboss-data to get them in
/usr/share/EMBOSS/data. Other files are in jEmboss, but not as a jar file, for
instance:

$ apt-file search JembossJarUtil.class
jemboss: /usr/share/EMBOSS/jemboss/org/emboss/jemboss/JembossJarUtil.class

Maybe the simplest is to ask Upstream if the whole jemAlign.jar file can be
bypassed if jEmboss is installed.

Good luck and beware of tigers,

--
Charles Plessy