Re: post-inst message for autodock

On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 05:31:08PM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 03:12:00PM +0200, Michael Banck wrote:
> > My proposal would be to add an inofficial control file field like
> > XB-Registration: http://foo.org/register which could be exposed in the
> > task pages as a "Register as a user for this package" link on the task
> > pages.
>
> This actually will not work. The X<something> fields do not make their
> way to any place where we can fetch them.  Bat as I said: We might
> maintain this information right into the tasks file.  Currently there
> is the Remark field  as you can see for instance at
>
>    http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/tasks/bio#act
>
> (below normal description).  This is very easily doable - just tell
> me which text should show up there.

Well, I'd rather have tasks pull in information from other sources -
while I think task pages are incredibly useful, they should not be the
only source for some kind of information.

How about formalizing README.Debian for our needs? (so both for
registration/support and citation/references, besides some generally
free-form README).

Would the tasks pages be able to extract and parse that?

Michael