Re: post-inst message for autodock

On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 03:12:00PM +0200, Michael Banck wrote:
> page/reminder/whatever was patched out by Debian) be changed to show a
> debconf note to users upon installation instead.

A debconf note might be a better alternative than the proposed
postinst output and I certainly thought also about this before
proposing the other alternatives but stepped back from doing this
because it is also mixing up a technical information with something
else (even if way better than misusing postinst).

> My proposal would be to add an inofficial control file field like
> XB-Registration: http://foo.org/register which could be exposed in the
> task pages as a "Register as a user for this package" link on the task
> pages.

This actually will not work. The X<something> fields do not make their
way to any place where we can fetch them.  Bat as I said: We might
maintain this information right into the tasks file.  Currently there
is the Remark field  as you can see for instance at

   http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/tasks/bio#act

(below normal description).  This is very easily doable - just tell
me which text should show up there.