Re: Psychology task

On Tue, Jun 09, 2009 at 02:39:17PM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:

> > And I agree with Michael that the ITPed package in question
> > appears to better fit with a Debian *Science* Blend
> > Psychology Task.
>
> Perhaps it is a basic missunderstanding on my side.

Let me try to explain my view again: There's basically three
areas related to health care:

1) Practice

2) Science

3) Clinical Research

Frontline doctors are interested pretty much in 1) only.
This is where GNUmed and Vista fit in.

2) is what scientist are concerned about (those that
eventually want to make doctors use new drugs etc). This is
where all the scientific applications come in.

Eventually there's a few brave doctors and scientist who
bridge the gap from the Ivory Tower of High Science to the
smelly trenches of Point of Care patient interaction. Those
want GLIF (& friends) and OpenClinica. The latter makes
aggregated patient data palatable to the scientist while the
former distills theoretical knowledge into guidelines which
then may or may not be applicable to individual patients.

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346