Re: Psychology task

On Tue, Jun 09, 2009 at 02:39:17PM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 09, 2009 at 01:41:56PM +0200, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
<snip>
> > And I agree with Michael that the ITPed package in question
> > appears to better fit with a Debian *Science* Blend
> > Psychology Task.
>
> Perhaps it is a basic missunderstanding on my side.  If a package
> which is relevant for psychology as a science but basically
> useless in health care we should not use a "depends" from this
> package but rather a "suggests" or even ignore this package
> in med-psychology.  We need the input of our experts here -
> that's the reason why I would like to see you on the Debian
> Med list.

Both packages in question (pyepl and psychopy) are for experimental
psychology or at most psychological research -- especially psychopy is
focused on basic psychophysical research. I'd say they have close to no
use for pratising psychologists.

Michael

--
GPG key:  1024D/3144BE0F Michael Hanke