Re: ODIN! (was: ODIN, anyone?)

On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 12:18:18PM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Mar 2009, Michael Hanke wrote:
>
>>  http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/tasks/imaging.html#odin
>>
>> from there you'll find the packaging repos on Alioth.
>
> The link to the repository dows not work.  It might be that the
> translation:
>
>     Vcs-Git: git://git.debian.org/pkg-exppsy/odin.git
>
> --> Vcs-Browser: http://git.debian.org/pkg-exppsy/odin.git
>
> is just broken.  If there is a valid Vcs-Browser please tell me to
> enable me fixing the page.

In debian/control I have:

Vcs-Browser: http://git.debian.org/?p=pkg-exppsy/odin.git
Vcs-Git: git://git.debian.org/git/pkg-exppsy/odin.git

So should I put Vcs-Browser inside the task file directly?

>>  - I cannot tell dh_shlibdeps to consider symbols in private shared
>>    libs, although I have added '-l <path to libs>'...
>
> There are other packages featuring this problem and I would not
> regard this as a real blocker for the momen.

Ah! Thanks for the info.

>> For one thing I want to ask for your approval. I've put the -med
>> packaging team as primary maintainer and me as uploader. However, I do not
>> plan to inject a debian-diff-only version into the -med SVN.
>
> This is no real problem.  The packaging team as maintainer just
> says that we might do an upload in case you are not able to do anything
> (for whatever reason) whithout having it considered as NMU.  There
> is no direct implication where the packaging code is stored (even
> if the SVN is the usual place).  I don't mind if someody would setup
> a Debian Med git repository.  We have no chance nor do we want to
> force anybody to use SVN.  But if you would set up such a git
> repository please care for enhancing our pollicy document accordingly.
> (copying from Debian Science the bits of the usage of git might be
> helpful ... as our policy was helpful for them regarding the other
> stuff).
>
>> If that is not acceptable I can
>>
>>  1) remove -med package as maintainer, or
>>  2) someone else takes over and injects that stuff into the -med SVN
>>     and take care if it from there. Or
>>  3) Someone could point me to another place to push the Git repos that
>>     might be superior to the repos in the pkg-exppsy project on Alioth
>>     (where it is now).
>
> One git repository I'm at least slightly involved in is the Debian Science
> git repository.  I also don't think that it would not fit somehow there.
> So if you are looking for a more generic place than pkg-exppsy and want
> to safe the work of creating a Debian Med git repository you might consider
> this as well.

Yeah, sounds like a good idea. ODIN is definitely a physics tools. If
there is no demand for git in -med other than mine, I'd move it there
(when it is done).

Thanks,

Michael

--