Re: ODIN! (was: ODIN, anyone?)

On Wed, 25 Mar 2009, Michael Hanke wrote:

 http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/tasks/imaging.html#odin

from there you'll find the packaging repos on Alioth.

The link to the repository dows not work.  It might be that the
translation:

    Vcs-Git: git://git.debian.org/pkg-exppsy/odin.git

--> Vcs-Browser: http://git.debian.org/pkg-exppsy/odin.git

is just broken.  If there is a valid Vcs-Browser please tell me to
enable me fixing the page.

 - I cannot tell dh_shlibdeps to consider symbols in private shared
   libs, although I have added '-l <path to libs>'...

There are other packages featuring this problem and I would not
regard this as a real blocker for the momen.

For one thing I want to ask for your approval. I've put the -med
packaging team as primary maintainer and me as uploader. However, I do not
plan to inject a debian-diff-only version into the -med SVN.

This is no real problem.  The packaging team as maintainer just
says that we might do an upload in case you are not able to do anything
(for whatever reason) whithout having it considered as NMU.  There
is no direct implication where the packaging code is stored (even
if the SVN is the usual place).  I don't mind if someody would setup
a Debian Med git repository.  We have no chance nor do we want to
force anybody to use SVN.  But if you would set up such a git
repository please care for enhancing our pollicy document accordingly.
(copying from Debian Science the bits of the usage of git might be
helpful ... as our policy was helpful for them regarding the other
stuff).

If that is not acceptable I can

 1) remove -med package as maintainer, or
 2) someone else takes over and injects that stuff into the -med SVN
    and take care if it from there. Or
 3) Someone could point me to another place to push the Git repos that
    might be superior to the repos in the pkg-exppsy project on Alioth
    (where it is now).

One git repository I'm at least slightly involved in is the Debian Science
git repository.  I also don't think that it would not fit somehow there.
So if you are looking for a more generic place than pkg-exppsy and want
to safe the work of creating a Debian Med git repository you might consider
this as well.

For me the Blends tools are sufficient to assemble all "our" software on
one canonical place wherever the packaging is maintained.