Re: [med-svn] r1978 - in trunk/community: infrastructure/scripts website

On Fri, 6 Jun 2008 10:49:47 +0200 (CEST), Andreas Tille wrote:

> On Fri, 6 Jun 2008, David Paleino wrote:
>
> >> +					<?=_("The list to the right
> >> includes various software projects which are of some interest for")?> <em
> >> node="con:CDD"></em>.
> >
> > i.e. instead of:
> >
> > "The list to the right includes various software projects which
> > are of some interest to the Debian-Med Project."
> >
> > we could use something like
> >
> > "The list to the right includes various software projects which are of some
> > interest for %project."
> >
> > And that would be handled by PHP (and, well, a single sentence wouldn't be
> > split up in different strings...)
>
> No it was not.

I meant something like:

sprintf(_("Foo %s."), 'Debian-Med');

> I tried this first because I completely agree that you should translate a
> complete sentence.  The problem is that the PHP code seems to hide the
> template and the template oject is unknown if you try it this way.

Yes, true (just tried now).
I'm looking for a way to expose some variables to PHP from within Python...

> > If you have enough time, please work on my hints. Otherwise, I hope I'll
> > find some time during lunch-time, wait for my commits ;)
>
> So I did not wanted to spend my time on this because I'm PHP and HTMLTemplate
> illiterate.  If you are more lucky I would prefer this - that's why I
> explicitely mentioned the problem in the commit.

ACK.

> As I said, I'm working on a solution with static and fully translated
> pages which will solve this by other means.  It is progressing slowly at
>
>     http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/cdd/cdd/trunk/webtools/?rev=0&sc=0
>
> (not working yet).

Could I have some kind of write-access there? I'd like to contribute ;)

Thanks,
David

--
 . ''`.  Debian maintainer | http://wiki.debian.org/DavidPaleino