Re: [med-svn] r1219 - in trunk/packages/axparafit/trunk: . debian debian/patches

Am Donnerstag, den 31.01.2008, 10:04 +0900 schrieb Charles Plessy:
> Le Wed, Jan 30, 2008 at 06:57:48PM +0100, Daniel Leidert a écrit :
> >
> > --param man.charmap.use.subset "0"
> >
> > to replace *all* special characters. Otherwise only a subset of the
> > groff charmap is used and mandb might throw errors because of unknown
> > characters.
>
> would it make sense to make this the default? It would factorize our
> code a lot.

The authors of docbook-xsl chose to only use a subset for performance
reasons. I don't think there is a chance to change this default. But I
will talk to Michael Smith and ask for his opinion.

I also don't want to change this for Debian only (just want to stay as
close to upstream as possible). But I would vote for a debhelper script
that takes care of XML and SGML sources. Unfortunately extending
dh_installman would mean to add dependencies on xsltproc and docbook-xsl
and this is AFAIK not wanted. So perhaps a simple small package (like
xml-core) that offers this functionality and depends on xsltproc and
docbook-xsl (+ a variant for SGML sources) would make sense. The
upcoming xmlto package also sets this parameter. So you can also use
xmlto (>= 0.0.20).

Regards, Daniel