Re: [odin-devel] [LONG] Broken (lib)vista copyright

On Wednesday 30 January 2008 14:00, David Paleino wrote:
> Il giorno Wed, 30 Jan 2008 13:22:56 +0100
>
> Thies Jochimsen <thies@jochimsen.de> ha scritto:
> > On Tuesday 29 January 2008 20:45, David Paleino wrote:
> > >
> > > Secondly, there's no copyright statement for files © Gabriele Lohmann,
> > > MPI/CNS. Before contacting him, do you have any written statement about
> > > copyright for those files?
> >
> > Great job! Gabriele is in my Institiute, I will ask her personally about
> > the licensing of her code.
>
> Ooops :)
> Gabriele is a masculine name in Italy, sorry for the mismatch!

I will not tell her ;-)

> > > Thirdly, there are some files which do not carry any statement: who
> > > owns their copyright? These files are:
> > >
> > > vista/AddFunc.c
> > > vista/arithm.c
> > > vista/GraphType.c
> > >
> > > I suppose they're © by the odin team, but I need that written
> > > somewhere.
> >
> > No, I just re-packaged the original vista by ripping off everything
> > except the source code and added the autotools stuff without much regard
> > for the copyright.
>
> Well, then? Whose copyright are those?

Do you mean the configure.in/Makefile.am's ?

> In the meanwhile, I'll search for the "original vista".

It is here: http://www.cs.ubc.ca/nest/lci/vista/vista.html
and there is even a newer version (2.1.3) although download aborts with an
error when I try it from my browser ...

Ciao, Thies