Re: [odin-devel] [LONG] Broken (lib)vista copyright

Il giorno Wed, 30 Jan 2008 13:22:56 +0100
Thies Jochimsen <thies@jochimsen.de> ha scritto:

> On Tuesday 29 January 2008 20:45, David Paleino wrote:

> > Secondly, there's no copyright statement for files © Gabriele Lohmann,
> > MPI/CNS. Before contacting him, do you have any written statement about
> > copyright for those files?
>
> Great job! Gabriele is in my Institiute, I will ask her personally about the
> licensing of her code.

Ooops :)
Gabriele is a masculine name in Italy, sorry for the mismatch!

> > Thirdly, there are some files which do not carry any statement: who owns
> > their copyright? These files are:
> >
> > vista/AddFunc.c
> > vista/arithm.c
> > vista/GraphType.c
> >
> > I suppose they're © by the odin team, but I need that written somewhere.
>
> No, I just re-packaged the original vista by ripping off everything except
> the source code and added the autotools stuff without much regard for the
> copyright.

Well, then? Whose copyright are those?

In the meanwhile, I'll search for the "original vista".

Thank you,
David

--
 . ''`.  Debian maintainer | http://wiki.debian.org/DavidPaleino