Re: debian-med qareport questions

On Tue, 23 Dec 2008, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:

1. Is there an automated way to know whether or not dcmtk people made
a new snapshot ? I have added a watch file in
packages/dcmtk/branches/experimental/debian/watch but I do not know
where this is reported that a new snapshot has been released.

If you subscribe to the package[1] you get an information via e-mail
(in case the watch file is correct).

Hum. Does this imply the script is actually processing all of
packages/dcmtk/* subdirs recursively searching for multiple watch
files, or is it only taking into account the one from 'trunk' ?

No.  If you subscribe to the package the watch file of the uploaded
package is parsed.  So we probably should upload a dcmtk package with
a working watch file.

For dicom3tools and pvrg there is no information available because these
are not yet official packages and there is currently no global
infrastructure to scan SVN.

Could you please give more information where what is listed?  If I
look at

  http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/tasks/imaging.html#unofficial-debs

I see dicom3tools and gdcm next to each other.  This is the case
because I listed both in the tasks file of the debian-med package
and attached the URL of the SVN.  I did not (yet) listed pvrg on
this page because I fail to see a direct connection to medical
care.  The fact that the package is needed as prerequisite for
medical applications and that the packaging is done in the Debian Med
packaging SVN is a technical fact and technically the package will
be installed via package dependencies.

All three packages you are mentioning are not yet official packages
because the are not yet available from the Debian package pool.
The only reason why gdcm is listed at

  http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/qareport.cgi

because this script works on Debian Med SVN.  It is a developer
centric tool which is valuable in some aspects but might add
some confusion for newcomers.  If you for instance see that there
is info about euler2 and euler-sr than this does not mean that there
will be any official Debian packages of these.  I commited this
packaging into SVN to enable people to build packages from the
sources they downloaded after registeriung to the Euler page.
Currently we do not know whether we will be able to provide
packages at all (has to be clarified after evaluation of the
programs).

So please don't confuse this developer tool with official packages.
The SVN in itself is not Debian Med it is just one quite useful
tool of the Blend.

Thanks & happy holidays,

Same to you