Re: debian-med qareport questions

On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 1:33 PM, Andreas Tille <tillea@rki.de> wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Dec 2008, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
>
>> 1. Is there an automated way to know whether or not dcmtk people made
>> a new snapshot ? I have added a watch file in
>> packages/dcmtk/branches/experimental/debian/watch but I do not know
>> where this is reported that a new snapshot has been released.
>
> If you subscribe to the package[1] you get an information via e-mail
> (in case the watch file is correct).

Hum. Does this imply the script is actually processing all of
packages/dcmtk/* subdirs recursively searching for multiple watch
files, or is it only taking into account the one from 'trunk' ?

>> 2. Looking at http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/qareport.cgi
>> I still do not see report neither on dicom3tools nor on pvrg. Is there
>> anything else I need to do ?
>
> IMHO the best place to look at for QA information (at least for the moment -
> I plan to provide better interfaces for Blends, which will probably be
> done in Debian Edu gathering at end of January) is
>
>  http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=debian-med-packaging@lists.alioth.debian.org&ordering=3#imaging

cool, thanks.

> if you are looking for imaging tasks of Debian Med.  There you can find
> a column Watch (Unstable) which has a link to the DEHS page for each
> package.
> The DEHS page for dcmtk[2] contains a field "Watch Wiz" which reports
> an error and if you follow this link you see that the watch line is
> different from the watch file in SVN.  I assume without having verified
> that the version in SVN is your fixed code which might work.  But this
> watch file is not yet in operation because the DEHS only takes watch
> files in just uploaded packages into account.  So the right information
> about upstream will be available after the cron run which follows the
> package upload conteining a valid watch file.  If anybody thinks the
> packaging in SVN is ready for a new upload of the dcmtk package I would
> suggest to do so.

I'll contact the dcmtk packager directly to see what is his opinion.
This is not clear to me why this is failing.

> For dicom3tools and pvrg there is no information available because these
> are not yet official packages and there is currently no global
> infrastructure to scan SVN.

That's where I am even more confused: so why is gdcm package being
listed. It has also never been listed, but somehow it appears on the
page I sent...

>  I know that the perl team has a QA reporting
> tool that does this and David Paleino has adopted this tool for Debian Med
> and this is available at
>
>  http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/qareport.cgi
>
> but I'm not sure how it internally works - at least it claims that dcmtk
> is up to date.

ok

Thanks & happy holidays,
--