Re: GDCM 2.0.9 is out !

On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 10:01:33AM +0200, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 7:49 AM, Steve M. Robbins <steve@sumost.ca> wrote:
> > Hello Debian-Med folks,
> >
> > On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 10:58:29AM +0200, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
> >> This is mostly a bug fix release, anyone doing RLE compression / J2K
> >> compression is suggested to upgrade to this version as it fixes quite
> >> a few issues.
> >
> > I got thinking that it would be nice to have an up-to-date GDCM in
> > Debian for ITK to link with.  So I had a look at the sources in
> > the debian-med SVN tree.
> >
> > After adding a few missing build-deps, I got 2.0.6 to build.  Then I
> > tweaked the debian/* files to build with 2.0.9.  The C++ library
> > packages look in reasonable shape.  I'm not so sure about the other
> > packages, however.
> >
> > In the python packages, for example, the sources are configured and
> > built with both python 2.4 and 2.5, but only one of these seems to
> > make it into the final package.  I'll have a hack at these when I
> > get some free time, but I'd really love it if someone else could
> > fix it up for me.
>
> I am not sure I understand this one.
>
> I've just made a patch at the debian files:
>
> debian-med/trunk/packages/gdcm/trunk/debian
> $ svn ci -m"BUG: Was missing some * character"
> Password:
> Sending        debian/python-gdcm.install
> Sending        debian/python-vtkgdcm.install
> Transmitting file data ..
> Committed revision 2551.
>

> Or are you saying that if someone has both python 2.4 and python 2.5
> then at inspection time, cmake is picking the wrong version of python
> ? This is easy to tell cmake which python to use. Just let me know if
> this is what you mean. Thanks.

If you have both 2.4 and 2.5 installed, then gdcm gets configured and
built twice: once in debian/build-python2.4 and once in
debian/build-python2.5.

If this is intended, I'd expect all the build products to be
packaged.  It doesn't appear to be the case, however.

> > It's a bit unusual to have the version number embedded in tool names
> > (e.g. gdcmconv-2.0).
> >   My inclination is to drop the versioned names.
> > Mathieu: do you have any objection to this?
>
> sure. How do you want the patch, I am not familiar with quilt and co.

You can send me a simple patch and I'll put it into quilt form.

-Steve