Re: GDCM 2.0.9 is out !

Hello Debian-Med folks,

On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 10:58:29AM +0200, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
> This is mostly a bug fix release, anyone doing RLE compression / J2K
> compression is suggested to upgrade to this version as it fixes quite
> a few issues.

I got thinking that it would be nice to have an up-to-date GDCM in
Debian for ITK to link with.  So I had a look at the sources in
the debian-med SVN tree.

After adding a few missing build-deps, I got 2.0.6 to build.  Then I
tweaked the debian/* files to build with 2.0.9.  The C++ library
packages look in reasonable shape.  I'm not so sure about the other
packages, however.

In the python packages, for example, the sources are configured and
built with both python 2.4 and 2.5, but only one of these seems to
make it into the final package.  I'll have a hack at these when I
get some free time, but I'd really love it if someone else could
fix it up for me.

It's a bit unusual to have the version number embedded in tool names
(e.g. gdcmconv-2.0).  My inclination is to drop the versioned names.
Mathieu: do you have any objection to this?

Best regards,
-Steve