Re: GDCM 2.0.9 is out !

On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 7:49 AM, Steve M. Robbins <steve@sumost.ca> wrote:
> Hello Debian-Med folks,
>
> On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 10:58:29AM +0200, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
>> This is mostly a bug fix release, anyone doing RLE compression / J2K
>> compression is suggested to upgrade to this version as it fixes quite
>> a few issues.
>
> I got thinking that it would be nice to have an up-to-date GDCM in
> Debian for ITK to link with.  So I had a look at the sources in
> the debian-med SVN tree.
>
> After adding a few missing build-deps, I got 2.0.6 to build.  Then I
> tweaked the debian/* files to build with 2.0.9.  The C++ library
> packages look in reasonable shape.  I'm not so sure about the other
> packages, however.
>
> In the python packages, for example, the sources are configured and
> built with both python 2.4 and 2.5, but only one of these seems to
> make it into the final package.  I'll have a hack at these when I
> get some free time, but I'd really love it if someone else could
> fix it up for me.

I am not sure I understand this one.

I've just made a patch at the debian files:

debian-med/trunk/packages/gdcm/trunk/debian
$ svn ci -m"BUG: Was missing some * character"
Password:
Sending        debian/python-gdcm.install
Sending        debian/python-vtkgdcm.install
Transmitting file data ..
Committed revision 2551.

Or are you saying that if someone has both python 2.4 and python 2.5
then at inspection time, cmake is picking the wrong version of python
? This is easy to tell cmake which python to use. Just let me know if
this is what you mean. Thanks.

> It's a bit unusual to have the version number embedded in tool names
> (e.g. gdcmconv-2.0).

That's the only AFAIK to be able to support the same tool with
different library version, right ? Pretty much just like gcc is doing.
Anyway GDCM 1.x is not being supported anymore, so it's not likely
that it will make it into debian. And since I am not planning on
having a gdcm 2.2 at the moment, I guess a single version of the tools
should be ok.

>   My inclination is to drop the versioned names.
> Mathieu: do you have any objection to this?

sure. How do you want the patch, I am not familiar with quilt and co.

thanks!
--
Mathieu