GDCM 2.0.9 is out !
This is mostly a bug fix release, anyone doing RLE compression / J2K
compression is suggested to upgrade to this version as it fixes quite
a few issues.
GDCM 2.0.9 (2008/09/26)
* ENH: JPEG-LS: Decoder/Encoder (See GDCM_USE_JPEGLS). WARNING:
this is not production ready and thus did not make it into this
release, use dev branch instead.
* BUG: vtkLookupTable16 would not support 16bits LUT
* NEW: PVRG codec to support broken JPEG files (See GDCM_USE_PVRG)
* NEW: Add support for GEMS_Ultrasound_ImageGroup_001
(6003,xx10)/(6003,xx11) SmallPreview (loaded as Icon)
* FIX: Fix PlanarConfiguration=1 and multiframes images (RLE)
* FIX: Fix PlanarConfiguration=1 and JPEG compression
* FIX: Writing 16bits lut would lead to seg fault.
* FIX: Could not read single slice (2D) RLE frames split into
* NEW: new executable gdcmtar to split multiframe into single
frames DICOM files.
* NEW: new options in gdcmconv: --split / --planar-configuration /
--apply-lut / --ignore-errors
* NEW: new option in gdcmdump: --ignore-errors
* ENH: gdcmimg support much more input files (rle, pgm, jpeg, j2k)
* FIX: Seg fault when Part3.xml would not be found / Improve
* ENH: improve API for FilenameGenerator/System
* BUG: Fix bug in SmartPointer implementation
* ENH: Can now pack/unpack 12bits data
* ENH: Add support for SIEMENS CSA dict (now loaded by default) +
* ENH: a couple more private attributes
* ENH: Properly print VR::DS as ASCII now (would be truncated to
* ENH: Fix name to 'Grassroots' (consistent)
* ENH: Tons of doxygen fix + python documentation working now.
* FIX: mutliframes J2K completely fixed now
* FIX: do not perform color space conversion when conversion
should be lossless