Re: BioCocoa

Le Sun, Sep 28, 2008 at 11:09:18AM -0700, Scott Christley a écrit :
>    I think I figured it out.  There are two other distributions, testing
>    aka lenny, and unstable aka sid, so I need to upgrade my system to one
>    of these to get more recent versions of packages.  I'm using virtual
>    machines so I will likely maintain one for each.

Hi Scott,

It is indeed necessary to do the development work on the unstable
version of Debian, because this is where the binary packages will be
compiled. Actually, for packages that are not too complex, it is often
possible to do the development on testing or even stable. In that case,
it is necessary to double-check that everything works fine on unstable
as well. Some package, for instance many perl modules, provide
regression tests that are ran at build time and that fit this role very
well. For graphical applications, chroots or virtual machines are
needed.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy