Re: BioLinux

Le Fri, Sep 05, 2008 at 04:34:34PM +0200, Andreas Tille a écrit :

>    http://envgen.nox.ac.uk/bioinformatics/
>
> But finally they feature a lot more packages than we have currently and
> thus I would like to start some fruitful cooperation.  My first step in
> this direction would be to make out tasks pages more comlete and thus
> indirectly advertising BioLinux - which hopefully makes them happy about
> our team. ;-)
>
> Once this is done we should try to catch the "low hanging fruits" which
> might be a nice completion for Debian Med and then offer these guys
> cooperation to finish the remaining stuff in a common effort to finally
> get them in the Debian Med boat.  The advantages are simple: They might
> finally save a lot of work if they will enlarge their crew by the
> Debian Med people and can use easy tools like live-helper etc.
>
> What do you think about this plan?

Hi Andreas,

my last email exchange with them was two years ago and it left me with
the impression that they do not generate their binary Debian packages
from Debian source packages, but with some tool similar to
"checkinstall". Did you contact them recently? If yes, can you ask them
if they have source packages or not?

I had a look to their categories, and apparently the same package can be
in more than one. In the end, they look more like Debtags to me. It has
been a long time that I wonder if it will soon be necessary to split
med-bio, but I am still undecided. It depends what kind of use we intend
it for. Also, it may be useful to take the reverse-dependancies into
account.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy